Wrap Up of the Semester


As I am reflecting on this past semester I have been finding myself thinking of the things that I miss about being on campus. I miss being around my friends, even when it would be finals week because doing all this work on my own is very productive but not that fun. At least at Wheaton, I could take a break and take a walk down to Bagels and Cream. I also miss walking around just looking at all the beautiful nature all around campus. I was just talking to my mom about the smell of the flowers on campus this time of year. I just loved walking around and smelling them as well as seeing the blossoms on the trees and "snowing" on the ground. In Green's book The Aroma of Righteousness: Scent and Seduction in Rabbinic Life and Literature she talks about how some smells can be relaxing or comforting. I think the smells of campus around this time of year are so comforting when studying for finals. I like being able to go for a walk between assignments and really get to enjoy the campus. I am also sad because I don't have any more years when I can enjoy this beautiful part of campus again because I am graduating next weekend. 


I just wanted to share pictures of the trees I love on campus
I really had a fun time in this class this semester. It was a great way to get a different perspective on the world around me as well as get an insight into how some people who think differently from me see things. Moving to online classes was not very fun at all, but for this class, I feel like it almost improved my experience because I got to share and learn about things that wouldn't have been that easy to share at school. I think the show and tell aspect was really fun because I enjoyed hearing all the stories behind why you picked your item, sound, or story to share. Overall I enjoyed being able to see how each sense connects to each other in a new way with this class.

Comments

  1. Congrats for all of your hard work paying off! So sorry you don't get the typical senior experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I felt something similar to your sentiment "Moving to online classes was not very fun at all, but for this class, I feel like it almost improved my experience because I got to share and learn about things that wouldn't have been that easy to share at school." It seemed to heighten our appreciation for our sense experiences by their absence, and connected us with our very intentional sharing of experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post