Touch Changing Our Lives

Throughout each and everyday of our lives we are constantly touching everything. I am currently touching multiple keys on my keyboard all at once, with my arm on the desk, sitting on my chair, with my feet resting on the floor. No matter what we are always feeling something through the sense of touch.

However, touch can be so much more than just a feeling. As Constance Classen, the writer of The Deepest Sense: A Cultural History of Touch, describes it as being so much more than just a feeling. The bond of touching between loved ones, or the strict feeling of pain we get through touch. Through a religious standpoint the feeling of getting baptized, for Christians, can be an extraordinary feeling like none other. 

For me when I was baptized the feeling was like none other. And I am sure that each and every person at some point in their lives have experienced some sort of touch that was like none other. It was special. And it shows just how the sensation of touch can be all that much more.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post