David and connections to nature

David's book connects to this class in a countless number of ways, one that sticks out to me is his idea about how now a days he says how humans are disconnected from nature and how other people not from the west use their senses to help better connect with everything around them. That other cultures are more connected to their body and understanding that we too are part of nature. I find the connection in the idea that we need to be more aware of our senses and what they actually mean to us as a person. We as people have a thing that if its working right we don't notice how beneficial it is to us until it doesn't work properly or stops working altogether. Our senses help make us who we are but at the same time we don't think of how we use our senses to interact with our surroundings. David talks about how we should become better connected and aware of how we interact with nature, that we need to understand the impact we have on it and how we are part of it.

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree with this post more. I think that I, myself, am disconnected from nature and that I need to do a better job connecting myself to nature. I think that it could benefit me in a multitude of ways that I couldn't even describe. From this reading I have decided to try to better myself and go out to spend more time with nature and listen to everything the author said in this book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post