A top 10 song

Yeah! Come on, come on, come on, come on
Now touch me, babyCan't you see that I am not afraid?What was that promise that you made?Why won't you tell me what she said?What was that promise that you made?

Now, I'm gonna love youTill the heavens stop the rainI'm gonna love youTill the stars fall from the sky for you and I...

-- The Doors

While I typically find The Doors an early emo/punk/grunge band, this was one of the few songs that really stood out and meant something, because otherwise, as my dad would say "sounds like The Doors". The lyrics are sexual and a little dark, but damn if the song didn't have fun slamming them through your stereo or headphones. It's a song that sticks well these days, where people are either having sex marathons or are very touch starved. 

"Can't you see that I am not afraid," might hit the hardest, where people are tempted to break quarantine for human contact and connection, because even introverts need some form of human interaction and maybe a hug. All I know is that I want nothing to do with Mr Mojo Rising...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post