Taste and Biscotti


My dad around the winter to Christmas time always makes an Italian cookie called biscotti for the whole family. Everyone in my family loves them and is always looking forward to them and has a certain type or mix of ingredients that’s there favorite. This I feel can relate back to the readings in a way of showing how key food is to our society and community as a whole. That food is a way to find common interests between people. it’s a key part to our survival and sharing foods and giving food gifts like cookies is a great way to strength bonds between people and society. Although the cookies my dad makes are fairly easy to make and can make a lot at once it’s the gesture the offering that makes then better. I’ve always enjoyed making them even though me personally I’m not a huge fan of them I still enjoy making them just so others can enjoy them and I can give them out as gifts. 

Comments

  1. My family makes biscotti too! Honestly one of my favorites. I liked how you wrote about it isn't so much about the food itself or how complicated it is - it really is about the gesture of creating them and celebrating our cultures and families.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post