The Sixth Sense.

In a world that avoids all things magic, I have come to the understanding that there is no one real reality. Different cultures dictate what is real and what is not. In the past year, I have dabbled in reality-bending myself, I have read books that have made me question what is real? Are there dimensions that are overlapping with ours? How can we really know what we are seeing is what other people around us are seeing. 
The world's a mind fuck, to say the least, the sixth sense is just another way that people use to reflect that. I understand that what I see is not always real. I live in a reality dictated by the drugs that my doctors shove down my throat so that I will not see what others do not see. This always made me question what is real. I am a person that has suffered from severe paranoia my entire life. What I heard and what I saw from a young age was not the same as my fellows, so out of fear and conformity I went to the doctor, I got pills that would make the shadows disappear and the voices turn to a low mumble. In some cultures, I would have been deemed a shaman or profit, but in the west, I was deemed in a state of psychosis. 
What is your reality, and what makes it yours?

Comments

  1. Don't hold back, Rey. What seems clear in what we've been reading and discussing is the very real, palpable effect on people of the fact that "Different cultures dictate what is real and what is not." Thus as you say, "In some cultures, I would have been deemed a shaman or profit, but in the west, I was deemed in a state of psychosis." The social construction even of what we sense and know can marginalize us, if that's what those in power want and make it so. Or elevate us as shamans and prophets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post