sight



Over winter break I had the privilege of being able to go on the Ghana trip. It was a 2 week endeavor that focused on helping high school students cultivate a sense of entrepreneurship and compete with other schools by giving two minute business pitches of the product or service they created. While we were there, we had time to explore the country a little and see some of its natural beauty. I have always loved tropical climates, but haven't been able to spend a lot of time in one. Being able to walk through the jungle on suspended rope bridges and swim out to a fishing canoe was hands down one of the most exciting and special experiences I've ever had. I took pictures of it all, but when I go back and look at them now they don't convey what I saw when I was there. You can see tall trees and green vegetation overlooking rolling hills dotted with small houses, but you can't see them in the focus and clarity that I saw them in when I was there. It was one of those experiences where pictures and words just can't do it justice; these kinds of experiences are "you had to be there" ones.  I don't get the same feeling from looking at the pictures I took because sight has a bigger impact when you're immersed in the view and in the moment.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post