Final Thoughts

Overall, this class made me think about my senses that I had been desensitized to. It was comprised of so many different things that I take for granted and opened my eyes more to the world around me. I think one of my greatest takeaways from this class is the fact of how much all of the five main senses, as well as the sixth sense, play parts in religion. I absolutely loved the first book we read, because she talked about all of the senses in different magnitudes and I felt as though Ackerman was able to make every reader relate or understand one more thing than they knew before about a sense. This class I feel as though it made me think about the things I take for granted like my sense of taste. Before this class, I feel as though I just never recognized the impacts it has on my every day to day life. And being apart of the tasting group, making the cookies, I think it also made the impact a bit more prevalent. This class made me aware of how I find comfort in the landfill and makes me think about all the experiences I have had in my life again, but with a different scope. I look at the world around me and I feel as though I am able to find more comfort. Thank you for helping me to see the impacts each of the six senses have on my religion as well as other religions. I will take what I learned from this class and look at everything in a different way. Whether it be the way in which I prepare my food or the specific scents I can smell in church. Thank you for giving me this experience, I look forward to taking more classes like this in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post