Fin



It's crazy to think that this class is already over. At this point it feels like the entire semester has gone by so quickly. In my entire time at Wheaton, this was the only religion course that I have taken. It has also been the most discussion based of my courses. I think this was a refreshing experience in the sea of STEM classes that I have taken throughout my time here. While I thoroughly enjoyed most of my STEM classes, none of them have really been about developing new, thought provoking ideas concerning spirituality and the senses. It was a new way to think about the self and my relationship to the world around me. I honestly did not think this class would be as interesting as it has proven to be, nor did I imagine that it would make me think this much.


Its sad that we had to spent the last part of the class doing stuff over video call, but I think being able to take the class from the comfort of our own homes allowed for a different atmosphere that we would not have been able to create in the classroom. Does that outweigh the benefits of being together? I don't think so, but it is something that I thought was an interesting side effect to being forced into online classes.

The Quest for Spirituality and Health: Well-Being or Transcendence ...
Here is a cool image I found when trying to depict how my view of things has changed throughout this course. I'm not sure it communicates it clearly, but I certainly look at an image like this differently now than I did before. 

Comments

  1. I found this post to be so true in so many ways. Its crazy to think that the semester is over. With everything that has happened. I would have never pictured resuming classes after spring break over the video camera on my laptop in my bedroom for the remainder of the semester. However, aside from not being face to face, it did not take away from the class itself. Like you said it was such a discussion based class that, in my opinion, didn't allow the circumstances to take away from the class. We were still able to discuss our thoughts on each topic thoroughly online, specifically in these blog posts, which made the class all the more better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also felt like this course was so refreshing out of all the other courses, and was a fun whimsical way to explore religious academia through lived experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post