6th sense







In the book The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World, by David Abram one quote stuck out with me the most which was “...along with the other animals, the stones, the trees, and the clouds, we ourselves are characters within a huge story that is visibly unfolding all around us, participants within the vast imagination, or Dreaming, of the world.” I look at this quote and I completely agree with it. We are characters in which have our own stories that intertwine with other people’s stories. I feel as though the best way in which to describe how I felt as though it was already written and almost as if it was the sixth sense was the mother’s day after my aunt had passed away in April. This was the first holiday in which we all came together and tried to celebrate, but the mood was very somber at this time. I went out and played with the neighbor kids and we talked to this older woman who was tending to her garden and told us to all pick a flower. I picked a red rose and my friends picked lilies and marigolds. Well, I took the rose and ran all the way back to my grandmother and gave her the flower. She started to cry and a lot of my family members started to tear up. Something that I know now, that I didn’t know then was that my grandmother prayed to St. Teresa, and she prayed every single day three times a day asking for a sign saying that my aunt was okay and she got to the place to where she was going. A way in which St. Teresa answers prayers are red roses, and as I look back at this moment in time after reading this quote by Abram, I really do believe we are characters in this life and we are apart of this whole story that is unfolding.
What are the chances of a six-year-old grabbing a red rose from a different array of flowers, and then giving the rose to her grandmother, instead of her mom on Mother’s Day? These are the questions I ask myself, it could be a huge coincidence, but I truly believe it was supposed to happen and there was an answer to a prayer that day and I was used to helping get that prayer across. Its little things like this, that I believe keep us in tune with the sixth sense and bring us a new meaning and a new perspective on the world around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post