Indian Art

When I saw that Diana Eck's book seeing the divine image in India's book had pictures, I found myself sucked into looking at them! I was especially drawn to the images of art in the book because during my senior year of high school I took AP Art History (mostly to have my favorite teacher one more time) and I was shown this whole world of art that I was unaware of and unappreciative of. I will say I did not spend a ton of time looking into Indian art because there was not a ton of that on the exam, but we did talk about the religion represented in art and the Hindu religion did come up.

From the Eck Book
When I was in this class we took a field trip to the MFA in Boston (you should go if you haven't yet!).  While we were there we looked around for the pieces we were studying, but we were able to check out the whole museum since we had the whole day. While I was there, there was a whole Asian art exhibit and I remember distinctly looking at a piece of art that looked just like the piece shown on page 40 in the book. (see above) In the book, it says it is in Colorado but there is a possibility it was visiting Boston when I was there. I just remember thinking it was really cool.

I found this book really interesting to read because it was able to give me more exposure to the art and architecture in India that I am not very aware of. I think the architecture of the temples are just so beautiful. One piece of Indian art that I distinctly remember being on the exam was the Taj Mahal and I just had to include an image of it because it is just so interesting and beautiful. Reading this book inspires me to get back into learning about different culture's art maybe over the summer.
File:Taj Mahal (Edited).jpeg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Taj_Mahal_(Edited).jpeg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post