Reflections on my Sensory Experience:

As I said in my first post, this class has been an eye-opening to a degree for me as well as generally just happening at a very difficult period in many of our lives. I have actually had the chance to fully understand not only how all of the senses interact and mingle with each other, but also how they are involved with the dimension of religion. Even further than this, the class offered a chance to see this topic from a great deal of perspectives, from all of my classmates. I think in a time that is difficult as this, Smells and Bells gave us a chance to enjoy actual interaction with each other and the place that I feel this started was with the reading of Ackerman’s book. That was the point that unified us, we were all fed up with how she was portraying information to us, we may not have had our own fully formed ideas yet but we knew that her way was not the way. I felt the most unity in the class during the time when we absolutely roasted her book and all of the Western romanticized bullshit it came with. I want to thank the class for that moment, and want to acknowledge how we all moved towards a better place for our own understanding.

Comments

  1. Some of my family's best bonding is around shared snarkiness. Looks like a little of that magic took place in our class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post