Music and Hearing

In the book by Anne Rasmussen, she talks about how music is such a deep and powerful part of the Muslim tradition and worship. Muslims use music as a way to better connect with their God. This style of worship is seen as a precious art form in their culture. I can see why so many religions us music in prayer and worship, every since I was young I would feel strong emotions when listening to songs. I would feel certain ways depending on what I was listening too. This relates to the book because a lot of the use of music is because of the feelings you get from music rather than just saying the prayers aloud. I think music does help to get a feeling of being closer and a better way to help grow the faith. The use of music in religions help people follow stories if they are sung or make prayers more meaningful if they are done in a singing fashion. I know when I was young and even a bit now music could easily change someones mood and makes some things more interesting to do, so using music in religion can have a deeper more meaningful impact on people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post