Rise Pancakes

In downtown Mystic, one of the best breakfast places is a small restaurant called Rise. Whenever my brother and I are in town, we go and have breakfast there together. Our favorites are the pancakes because they serve it with fresh local fruit and powdered sugar. I get the Cakey McCake Pancakes, which are chocolate pancakes with blueberries in them.
My brother and I usually go for a run together, then walk into downtown and sit at their marbled countertop with our coffee mugs that we get to choose from their self serve coffee section. We sit and talk about his job, Wheaton, what we've read in the news. I cherish those moments that my brother and I have in Rise; just sitting together and eating our pancakes while we watch the sun rise up over the river. It's hands down the best breakfast I've ever had, and they are big part of my brother and I's reunion when we come home from breaks. Every time I pass by that restaurant or eat there with a friend, I think of my brothers black coffee steaming in his favorite mug next to our signature pancake favorites.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post