Sixth Sense, or as Close as I've Gotten

  This post is definitely going to be the hardest for me to write. I do not believe in ghosts or the supernatural, I am not horribly invested in astrology, and I’m barely able to collect my thoughts on a day-to-day basis, never mind think about how my every minuscule action could affect me down the line. I can count on two hands the number of dreams that I’ve had that I’ve remembered and on one hand the number of dreams that I could actually recall now and explain. When I was little, however, I had one recurring nightmare that I can still vividly remember. 

The nightmare had a few key plot points that always happened whenever I would get it. It always started out with me wandering my house alone, with it ominously empty and eerily quiet. Eventually, I would end up in my younger brother’s room, searching everywhere for a sign of him. After I had checked everywhere else, I would get to the closet. I would open it up and a huge bear would emerge and start to chase me. It was always assumed that the bear had eaten my family and I was the last one left for it to eat. It would chase me for a bit, always hot on my heels and getting ever closer. Right as the bear was about to catch and eat me, I would fall through the floor, before eventually landing in a minecart/roller coaster ride of some sort. It was always dark and scary, and somehow I knew that this was a roller coaster ride to hell. It was at this point that I would hear three high-pitched beeps in my nightmare. If I didn’t wake up before the three beeps were up, I would fall off the world in my little minecart and end up in hell. Needless to say, I very quickly trained myself to wake up before the three beeps were up. In a sense, I pulled a Pavlov’s dogs on myself. 

This is really the only thing that I have experienced that could be sixth sense adjacent, but even then it feels like a stretch. Maybe you could draw the fact that I don’t remember any of my dreams to the fact that I don’t believe in ghosts or spirits. I think it is probably more likely due to the fact that I am a horribly deep sleeper who can never get enough sleep, but I guess it’s all up to interpretation and what you believe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post