Seeing Divine Images in India - Many Misperceptions -

 This book had talked about common misperceptions about the Hindu culture in India. I am not going to lie but this was kind of boring, at least the content part of it. But I did enjoy the misperception section of it. I believe that sight can either be a liability or an asset depending on who uses it and how they use it. I believe that there are lot of false narratives not only in relation to the topic of the book but in general as well. To the naked eye how we perceive things rely on how we are feeling in the moment. For example I used to hate walking home from school during the winter because it was dark and desolate. Everything that was far away from seemed like it could cause me harm. However once I passed those things I realized that it was either a sign or tree and I would relax for a bit before spotting something similar in size. These misperceptions on things that we are through cultural biases that have been integrated in our socirt for a very long time. For example the perception that someone is comes off as more masculine or feminine based on the way they dress or speak maybe. What I had learned since attending this school is that a lot of the misperceptions I had before were generally wrong and I'm glad that they were because it allowed me to see things through a new lens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post