Final Blogpost

Before taking this course, I don’t think I thought too much about the senses, honestly. If last semester's me were to hear I said that, I would probably have been offended. I definitely have always been interested in the senses, but this class gave me such a better insight into senses that I thought I knew so much about but in reality had never sat down and had to think too much about it. 


I have never thought very much about my sense of smell because of the fact that I have a very poor sense of smell normally, and I also was not expecting that we would talk about the sixth sense in this class (although I am very happy we did). I doubt, though, that, previous to taking this course, I even knew much about the senses that I appreciated greatly and was aware of how much I appreciated them. I had never sat down and had to consider how much I care about taste, and how truly important taste and cooking are to me.


Honestly, I really enjoyed the icebreakers at the beginning of class, and listening to what my fellow classmates had to say about certain sense-related topics, and hearing their opinions helped remind me of my own sometimes. I loved the presentations we did in class, especially the touch one because I was forced out of my comfort zone by touching some strange object. Most of all, I think I had the most fun going out to buy food and preparing it the next day in order to provide a nice, fulfilling meal for my classmates. I thoroughly enjoyed this class and having a moment to sit down and think over how I perceive my own world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post