Funk of Family, Revisited

    I wrote a previous blog post about my brother’s gross Luigi hat. I now return with an update on the hat. About a month ago my brother had to say goodbye to his hat. Although many would have drawn the line in the sand when it started to turn a different color, or when the brim began to fray, or even when it became possible to see through the hat because of how threadbare it became, the final nail in the hat’s coffin was the latch on the back of the hat. The piece of fabric you use to tighten or loosen a hat fell off, meaning that there is no physical way for my brother to wear his hat anymore. Apparently, he even tried to approach members of my family asking them if they would be willing to sew the piece back onto the hat, but all of us were wise enough to say no. Now my brother has officially moved onto the new Luigi hat, albeit begrudgingly. 

Although this may seem like a victory, the Luigi hat remains. He immediately started wearing the new Luigi hat and has wasted no time in bringing this new one to the same stink standard that the old one held. But, you may be asking, what happened to the old Luigi hat? Surely it’s been thrown out, right? I fear that you are terribly wrong dear reader. The old Luigi hat still haunts me. My brother has plans to frame and hang it in our house somewhere, but until that day arrives it lives on our mantel. If you stray too close to the fireplace you risk getting a whiff of my brother’s well cultured, finely crafted stink. All that I can really say is that I am glad that while writing this I did not suffer from the “phantom smell” of my brother’s hat like I did with the first time I wrote about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post