Reflection on the Aroma of Righteousness

 Coming into the class I didn't; really have an understanding of the Jewish religion. I also didn't comprehend how people can get biblical inspirations from certain smells. After reading this book I found it very interesting how this entire process starts. I was able to relate to one of my favorite video games called GTA 5. One of the playable characters Trevor is very enthusiastic about what he believes in. A feature of the game involves Trevor smelling something drug related. This allows the player to visualize things from his perspective. The catch is that you can only see these things if you smell the drug related substance first. Now that I think about I can think of many instances where I have felt a sort of feeling or reaction to smelling something. Back in high-school we were sometimes given smelling salts and once I smelled it I got completely in the zone and I only had one objective which was to win. After reading her book on the Rabbis I found it interesting how I could piece the puzzle together with examples and experiences of my own. 

Comments

  1. I think one of the most powerful parts of this course is how we can relate it to our every day lives- I like reading about how you were able to find connections between the course and GTA. It really shows how our senses are so strongly intertwined with who we are and we kind find our sense of religion anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post