Religion in the Kitchen and the Wonders of MicroPractices

 I agree with a lot of the arguments brought up in this book, especially the segment of micro practices which are instances where you do 2 things at the same time and form some sort of bias or attachment towards what you've heard or what you've talked about. I believe that there are a lot of micro practices in the society today and I can relate a few to my family as well. I have often found that when all of my family members come over to my house for a holiday dinner, they start off my just cooking but then out of nowhere they are either talking about religious practices or political topics. I think it also worth mentioning that my family is from the Caribbean as well so I think that might have a part to play in it. My family in Barbados does the exact same thing, the people who cook in the kitchen discuss topics with those who don't know how to cook who are sitting in the next room. This relates to me in my opinion because I grew up listening to these conversations which is why I have had opinions on topics such as these for as long as I remember. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post