The Day I Met a Ghost


Sixth sense is a psychic ability, this gives us the ability to perceive the subtle-dimension or the unseen world of angels, ghosts, Heaven. For this story I personally have not recollection of the event about to unfold and is told to me from what my mother remembers. On one night when I was about 7 years old, I was living in our house in New Jersey at the time, my father was on a business trip so it was just my mother and my brothers. My mother in the middle of the night felt the temperature drop in her room so she went to go inspect what was wrong with the thermostat. Upon seeing the thermostat in functioning order, my mom returned to bed with extra blankets thinking the thermostat was malfunctioning. In bed my mom was beginning to fall asleep when suddenly she felt a tug on her big toe and heard a giggle. Thinking it was either myself or one of my brothers my mom was about to get up to lecture us on being awake so late. All of a sudden I came running into my mom's room saying, "MOMMY MOMMY theres a man, theres a man sitting on my bed." My mom runs to my room and no one is there. She turns to me and asks, "Where is the man? Did he hurt you?". I respond by claiming I was uninjured, to then having my mom ask, "What did the man look like?". I respond with, "Mommy it was the man in the picture, the one downstairs." I then go downstairs to show my mom the picture of the man on my bed upon her anxious request and point at a picture hung on the wall. "Mommy that was the man on my bed!" I cried pointing to my long deceased Great Grandfather. My mother turns to me and asks, "What did he say to you?", and in response I said, "Mommy Angels don't talk". All of a sudden my brother comes down screaming, "MOMMY THERE IS A MAN OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!!!!". My mom worried asks if it was my Great Grandfather while pointing to the picture, in which he responds, "YES he was waving to me!". To this day our family is in wonder as to what happened on that night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post