Soccer and Senses

Soccer is very important to me. My 5 senses are very important to me. My senses are also very critical when I play soccer. I aspire to one-day play soccer professionally and my senses are very imperative to the way I play the game. 

I use my sense of vision to not only know where the ball is but know where my teammates are and be able to identify other key components of the game. Being able to see the boundaries of the field, seeing where my opponents are, and where I am in relation to the goals are just some of the ways I use my vision in soccer. The title of “having good vision” is usually given to an individual who is known for best using his vision to identify key aspects of the game, specifically enough to make creative passes that not everyone could make. 

The sense of touch is always important. Since we kick the soccer ball and come in contact with our opponents. Soccer is a very physical sport and being able to take a hit and withstand some of the potential pain is important to being an active soccer player. It doesn’t always feel great but it’s worth enduring. Also one feels certain emotions when they are connected to the sport as I am. I feel satisfied when I have worked hard and I feel disappointed when I know I could have done better. These kinds of feelings motivate me to perform better and become a better player for my team. 

The sense of hearing is also important. You use this sense to hear players ask for the ball, or you can hear your teammates give you guidance and information. You can also hear fans cheering for you and supporting you. It adds to the intense atmosphere of the game. Sometimes you even hear some nasty things being said about you if you have a rude away crowd. One instance this past season playing for Wheaton was when I was expecting a shot of the ball to end up a certain place. In the act, I used my sense of hearing to identify a deflection of the ball and react to the ball quick enough to take advantage of the play. Below is the video of the goal. I was very grateful of my senses to allow me to perform to the best of my abilities.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post