So if u wanted to hear a funny coincidence i got one for you. I walked outside my door just now to go do some work outside, and I chose to go outside barefoot again. Well that didn't work so well, I just spent my last 10 minuets picking glass out of my foot and stoping my foot from bleeding everywhere. See the thing is i probably should have learned my lesson about this a few times now, and it definitely hurts. But i don't think it's enough pain to make me change my ways. Plus if i wasn't forced to wear shoes all the time my feet would probably be tougher and the glass wouldn't go in my foot quite as easy. Unfortunately no shoes no service, and a lot of people find it dirty to walk around barefoot all day. point is it's definitely a really funny coincidence that I made that other post not more than an hour before cutting my foot.
Justice
We know the five major senses- touch, taste, sight, smell, and hearing- and we know that there are many senses beyond those ones we tend to limit ourselves to- like your sense of pain or temperature. But how many other senses are there? Which one is our sixth sense? In The Deepest Sense , I was most fascinated by the chapter on animals. Because they had a good example for what I believe is the sixth sense that ties society together. That is, one's sense of justice. Justice is something that you perceive, and it is something that is perceived by the rest of nature, or at least our closer relatives in the animal kingdom. In that experiment, one of the monkeys was upset by the injustice of the other monkey getting better treatment. This is the cornerstone of every great society- the distributing proper treatment of people and the earth. When there is great inequality, people rise up, because they sense that justice has failed them. Sure, sensing ghosts is probably the most wel...
Comments
Post a Comment