Something unexplainable

This past weekend my mother told me a story that reminded me of our 6th sense presentation. One of those feelings you get in your inner gut that you just can’t explain.

This weekend I traveled with my mother to Boston to pick up my grandfather from the airport. He was travelling from Colombia. He and my grandmother left about a month ago to visit my mother’s side of the family. They came to the United States about 12 years ago in hope of finding jobs in order to provide for our struggling family back home. There are a lot more working opportunities here than in Colombia and my grandparents, not very well qualified for any other jobs, had to find low income factory positions in order to make ends meet. They lived with my family there whole time spent in America and had many expenses covered for so they sent most of their earnings back to the homeland and those in need.

Working here for so many years was exhausting for them. They were on very repetitive routines where they would work and go home, watch some television and go to sleep. The next morning they would wake up and do it all over again. They lived that way for many years and being hundreds of miles away from their real home in Colombia led to a very sad life here in the states. Especially, for my grandmother who dearly missed her children and grandchildren and even great grand children at this point. They recently were lucky enough to go back for the first time in many years just to catch a breather and to see everyone again. My grandfather came back to continue working but he left my grandmother behind since she wasn’t ready to come back just yet. On Friday, when my grandfather began to embark on his trip back, my mother claimed to have had a weird feeling in her gut. She assumed that something was wrong so she decided to call my grandmother. When my grandmother answered the phone she was crying hysterically. She was very upset that my grandfather was leaving her and this way the first time they would be separated, countries apart, since they had met.


What I’m trying to draw attention to specifically with this story is the “feeling” my mother got that something was wrong. She didn’t know who to explain it and she had no idea why she was feeling that way but it provoked a phone call that ended up comforting my lonely grandmother who needed that at the time. How do we explain cases like this, who really knows. Perhaps it was some sort of sixth sense.

Comments

  1. Kripal points out that many of the recorded cases of paranormal awareness are between people with very strong emotional connections to one another, i.e., especially between family members.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post