camperfire

I saw maia's Post about campfires and it really made me excited for the summer, because that is what me and my friends do most nights after work just to shoot the shit and have a couple beers. There is something about a fire that just seems very right when you are there with people in your community. On a base level you can definitely say that we get this good feeling because fire had been life for since the begging of people, it is what allowed humans to differentiate themselves from the rest of the animal word in a big way. So on that level you would have to imagine on a neurological level there are definitely senses telling us to stay near fire, and use it.
I want to think of it more on a religious spiritual level though. Why do all religions have so much fire involved in their ritual. I first think of it as the religious people using the fire just as a symbol for life, the eternal flame that is always burning. It can give us life, but also cause epic destruction and death. It is really no wonder why there are so many pyro maniacs in the world. There is something that draws us towards the fire, like their really is a spirit inside it. Fire moves and dances in unbelievable ways, like it is trying to tell you something. There is so much to campfires, and just fire in general, i just can't wait to be sitting around one with my friends.
On a funny note i've had a few girls back home tell me they love waking up next to a guy who smells like a campfire. I've mentioned that around some of my cousins friends from the city, and they thought I must be insane, and seem to prefer some sort of cologne which u won't find me wearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post