Sound of Silence

I was listening to Simon and Garfunkel yesterday, and well i started to think about the idea of silence having a sound, technically it shouldn't but it seems to sometimes. The example i will give  you is think about silence in when your in a room alone compared to silence in the woods. There is definitely a difference. I would attribute that to the fact that there is almost never true silence, rather our there are vibrations so small our brain is not registering them. That makes me think though how many possibly important sounds are we missing. Should there actually be some higher power trying to communicate with us, but there are only some of us who can ever here it. Were people in the past able to hear better than we do now? I really don't know, but I just think the sound of silence is a really interesting concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post