Can atheists trust their thoughts and senses?

Christians will sometimes bring this up with atheists to show that atheism is an irrational worldview not realizing that Christians have similar contradictory thoughts on the subject. Other times, Christians will use this argument as a justification for ignoring atheists' arguments, which can actually work both ways because Christians also cannot know that they can trust their thoughts. Is atheism an irrational worldview? Can this question be answered using our senses? The main accusation being addressed in this interesting video is as follows: Atheists cannot know if their thoughts and senses are trustworthy. Here is an interesting take on atheism and the ability of atheists to trust their thoughts and senses without belief in a deity. Conclusion: The same can be said about Christians. Find out why by watching the video below. 


Comments

  1. Love this. He makes great points about trusting the reliability of our senses. In fact, it is because I trust the reliability, or at least know I have to rely on my senses for my basic interactions with the world (even if I know they can betray me occasionally), I accept on principle that many people's accounts of supernatural or paranormal experiences are rooted in their actual experiences. In other words, if someone tells me they have observed a miracle or observed themselves traveling outside their physical body, I have no reason to doubt that they actually experienced those things through their senses - even through a "sixth sense." Thus, I treat religious experiences as real.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post