The power of Touch

Out of all of the senses that I possess I find that I would not be able to live without touch. In all of my life, I have found joy that is indescribable from feeling the damp earth under me while I trudge my way across the uneven grounds that paint the landscape of New England. Or even the pounding of hot rain in the middle of sweltering summer rain.

Now more than ever I have found the importance of touch and the impact of the loss of it has caused. Honestly, I cannot even remember the last time I felt the urge to be touched before in such a way. Over the past six weeks, I have learned the meaning of what loss is, one that spans beyond the gravestone and urges those who are still alive to wish that they could explode in a cloud of emotion and dive into the abyss that is humanities need for connection.

Throughout all of this, I am sure that all of those who are reading this can relate to the need for a contract beyond that that can be offered by those who are currently around us. In our classes, we have learned the importance of the senses and now we can all understand the nightmare that is to be deprived of them. We are stuck at home in isolation like that of animals in zoos, but the worst part is that we unlike the creatures we hold captive we understand that feeling of loss of the world that we have been deprived of.

I know that this is not the traditional means of posting, but what is going on in the world has lead me to a feeling of retaliation in the safest means that I can. I would like to use this time to look back onto all of the things as a world we have taken for granted and hope that we are able to move forward without the same mistakes as before.

Comments

  1. Rey, this post made me think of all the things I took for granted before this whole mess started. I feel for you, and I'm glad you pointed this out. What an unfortunate wake up call this whole thing is. Moving forward, I know I will think twice about the world around me instead of taking it for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post