Sixth Sense--Ghosts and the Paranormal

I do not believe in ghosts. I've never had any paranormal experiences, and though I listen and nod politely when people tell me about their ghost stories, I always assume there's a logical explanation, that whatever happened was a coincidence or it was made up in their mind to be something it's not. Then again, I do happen to believe that we are not the only miserable beings in this huge vacuous space we call the universe.

Steinar Engeland

David Abram in Spell of the Sensuous talking about how humans and animals, that were once connected, are now disconnected got me thinking. There are a lot of stories out there "proving" or trying to prove that animals can sense paranormal happenings. Of course, this would be easier to debunk or prove if we could see what they saw, or if they could communicate verbally with us. But alas, that won't happen anytime soon.

As for personal experiences with the 6th sense, the only time I can think of is when I was visiting a friend, and then when I was about to go back to my room, I thought to text someone else and ask if they were free. Then, they'd told me they were literally just about to text me. Of course, that could definitely be coincidence, but that night it was late and I almost considered going back to my room. That was a pretty mild example of what the 6th sense could be, but it sure beats seeing a demon in the corner of my room.

Luke Southern

Speaking of demons in the corner of the room, if part of the 6th sense is having experiences with ghosts and such, do you think people who have sleep paralysis are experiencing a kind of horrifying 6th sense? Of course, sleep paralysis might just be an excuse for your brain to show you scary images, and they might not at all be "paranormal" or relating to the 6th sense in any way, but the possibility is still there. Just some food for thought.



Comments

  1. Sleep paralysis is something that I think we're trying to understand more about. As far as to what classifies an experience within the realm of the 6th sense, I'd say it could be. Only because the sense itself is so broad, and what could be more strange than our own minds playing "tricks" on us that don't feel like "tricks" at all? It may not be paranormal, but it sure doesn't quite add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally have had many experiences that I associate with my sixth sense or ghost and the paranormal. I was curious to know if you ever have any gut feelings maybe about a person or an experience that you can't explain? Do you ever meet someone and have a strong reaction to their energy or have you ever been somewhere you've never been before but it feels familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 6th sense seems to be one of the most deeply fascinating categories to humanity, it seems like we are always looking for something more. I don't have strong opinions on the matter, I don't think it constitutes a strong sense category but I also would love for certain things to be proven true. I even think that some things are true for certain people, I think this sense honestly says the most about various social processes going on for a people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kripal thinks sleep paralysis is a paranormal experience. And that synchronous connection of close friends about to call or text one another seems to be one of the most common experience of some sort of extrasensory or 6th sense perception.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post