Which Sense Can You Live Without?


People can take senses for granted a lot of the time. During this class I have wondered repeatedly what it would be like to miss one of the senses.

I think that if I had to give up one it would be smell. I know that with giving up smell I would also be giving up a lot of my ability to taste but I would still be able to taste the basic sweat, sour, salty and etc…

I wouldn’t want to not have my sense of touch because I can’t imagine not being able to feel loved ones anyone. Their tough is comforting and I rely on it so much.

When I was in grade school we did this experiment once requiring us to live out a day as if we couldn’t see. We had to wear blind folds for hours to get the experience. We had to have someone help us with homework, help us get around, help us prepare food, and more. This experiment helped me to realize, as a young kid, that some people have it a lot harder than I do and it only took the loss of one sense.

If I were to lose my sight I wouldn’t be able to tennis which is a big part of my life. I also wouldn’t want to lose my sense of hearing. It wouldn’t be as bad as sight. I would rather be able to see someone and not hear them then hear them and not see them.

Saying that, I would still prefer to lose my sense of smell. I do love my sense of smell. I love coming home for the first time in awhile and smelling my home again. Even though I do value my sense of smell it is the one I think it would be the least difficult to live without.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post