Sense of Hearing


Blog 6
            Hearing is one of our most important senses. It is one of the first senses we use in the womb. When a baby is in the womb it can already detect their mothers voice. That’s why in the womb the doctor advises you to play music and talk to your baby. When puppies are born their eyes are not developed, however they communicate with their mother and littermates through small squeaks. Hearing allows us to communicate with not only other humans, but other animals in general.         When I was training my mini labradoodle puppy, I used only positive reinforcement. I used a clicker and all natural treats to train. When she did something correct, I clicked the clicker, fed her a treat and lots of pats. She learned the clicking noise was positive because she associated the noise with treats and pats. This is how noise can help us communicate with our beloved pets. And also how animals can use it to communicate with us.
            When I ride my horses we use voice cues to communicate with them. I train my horses to respond to certain voice commands that we can use while riding and on the ground. A simple “whoa” will tell my horses stop, clucking noises will tell my horses trot and kissing noises will tell my horses to lope. With these simple noises we can have a whole dialogue with our majestic creatures.
            The sense of hearing allows us to communicate with not only other humans but also other living, breathing animals. Hearing allows conversation and dialogue that is so important today.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post