Smells That Are Sweet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower
Spring has arrived and is in full blossom. The trees are starting to fill with leaves and flowers are bursting out of the ground. This time of year is one of my absolute favorites. Although I have pretty bad allergies to pollen I manage to find the joy in what spring has t offer. This week reminded me of a quote from A Natural History of The Senses saying, "I watched two vines evolve from flowers to succulent purple fruits, sense-lucious and nearly bursting with fragrance" (33). This quote reminded me of how I was feeling the other day when I was outside in my hammock studying for an exam could smell all of the new aromas that formed with the rain and the sun. In class we learned that taste has a lot to do with the sense of smell. While I was smelling the flowers around me it was if i was tasting a spoon full of honey

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post