The Banquet


https://www.thespruceeats.com/jewish-bread-machine-challah-recipe-1135939
I had a really great experience doing the academic banquet this year. I thought that it was a really fun and great way to culminate all of the ideas we have learned this year. Other than the obvious sense of eating food, smelling the food, and seeing for people I found the community aspect of this banquet to be the most religious to me. In class we talked about how being in a community can be an aspect of religion. To me this banquet was a perfect example of this. At the banquet there was a group of people doing the same ritual and celebrating a larger idea (knowledge). To me that fits somewhat into the definition of what religion is. Part of this banquet making that I found to be very enlightening was learning how to make challah bread. to me making bread combines all five of the sense and maybe even the sixth, but I don't think so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post