Perception of Color

http://www.infobusket.com/toi/toi-life-style/your-favorite-holi-color-says-this-about-you/
Color is such an interesting concept to me. I have distinct memory when I was in the third grade of asking my best friend what he thought the color of my shirt was. I said orange and he said red. I remember thinking to myself why he didn't think my shirt was orange. I couldn't be convince otherwise. However growing older and learning about color a perception I realize that he could have been actually seeing the color red. That is what fascinates me about how we see color. Everyone has their own perception of a color and that is unique to them. In A Natural History of The Senses in the section of color there some good insights as to how we perceive color. One point that the book mentioned was the idea that we can form opinions on color based on past memories (253). The book also mentions that for the most part we can agree on what certain color are (253). This is truly fascinating to think about because if we have our own point of view when it comes to colors but have established and identified colors, then how do we know which colors are true to their identifications

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post