My Sixth Sense

“We are all, secretly, nocturnally gifted. We just live in the day, oblivious to our own secret stars” - Kripal

Before this class, I didn't take much time to really think about the senses. I knew the five basic senses of touch, smell, sight, hearing, and taste. At the beginning of the semester, I was assigned to be a part of the group assigned to present about the sixth sense. I had no idea what to expect. Thankfully, I got into something incredibly intriguing that would peak my interest for some time even after our work was presented.
With looking into the sixth sense, I became much more interested in how this research pertained to me personally. I read so much about how this sense can be interpreted in a number of ways. Which leads me to believe it may be different but also the same for everyone. Many different sources, as well as those given in Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and The Sacred, present the sixth sense as an extraordinary connection to the spiritual and/or paranormal dimension. Now, I completely agree with this statement, however I don’t believe that is what the sixth sense is limited to.
I believe the sixth sense serves as an explanation for those who have a heightened awareness that others can not quite comprehend. It can be a number of things. From seeing ghosts to being good at magic tricks. For me, I believe my sixth sense is being very aware of my surroundings and knowing where even “lost” things are. When I enter a room, I automatically observe and memorize my surroundings. Getting to know the lay of the land, if you will.
Now, I know this is not something backed up by science or any real evidence, but it is something I feel to be true. What I like about it the most is that every time I find something that was lost or remember where something I saw weeks ago is, I feel just a little more validated in my beliefs.

What is your sixth sense? With the help of PlayBuzz, we can take a quick and fun quiz to get that answer.


Comments

  1. Fun quiz. What was your 6th sense? Mine was knowing when someone needs help."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post