My Tennis Experience


I’ve been playing tennis since I was a little kid. It is one of the most difficult sports when it comes to staying mentally tough. Thats why a lot of tennis players are a little insane (; Over the years I have developed a sort of routine that can be tied with religion.

Before every match, especially away ones, I listen music with my beats headphones. I have done this since I began doing USTA tournaments in middle school. During the match I have a pink towel that I go to each time we switch sides. I also don’t like to take off pieces of clothing unless I get wicked hot because I get a little superstitions. In between each point I go back to the fence and take deep breaths and encourage myself and not let anything get in my head.

When it comes to the senses they all come into play while I’m on the court.

I can SEE my dad pacing in the background.

I can HEAR my loving teammates cheering for me regardless if I will or lose a point.

I can SMELL the new tennis balls when a can is opened for the first time.

I can FEEL the sweat building up on my hands even though I keep wiping them off.

And finally I can TASTE the Norton yellow tinted water each time we switch to the other side

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post