Is Consciousness the Next Frontier?

What are the limits of human consciousness? How do our sensations compose the reality in which we live? 

Throughout the discussion of  'the sixth sense' I began trying to wrap my mind our my own brain and why in my dreams I can predict the future. Is that a sense at all? Or just precognition? I believe that to an extent it is a sense, to sense what will happen. For me, my dreams (not every dream) is characterized by deja vu to the point where if I have a dream that is realistic in design I begin to question if it is a premonition or just a dream. That is how often it occurs.

What could be the reasoning of these experiences? One thought I had was that maybe these dreams are collections of past experiences, but that was proved wrong with the following experience:

I had a dream where I was somewhere completely different and new. Somewhere I've never been before. I was with my father, whom I am not with too often. I was hearing noises that aren't too common in my daily experiences that would allow for the noise to become ingrained in my subconscious. My premonitional dreams aren't fluid and composed of sensations in their rawest without connections made within the mind to  make the human experience fluid and consistent. This basically means that in these dreams I experience a set of solitary sensations that are they are then replicated in the exact same manner and sequence in real life. 
For  example: I'll dream of smelling a certain smell, then having a thought, followed by a flash of a visual, and then another thought. 
Sounds rudimentary until they all come together to culminate in a rounded experience that transpire in real life 

But then again, that puts into question the realness of reality? I wonder how the world of dreams is connected to our 'reality'. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post