The House of Larva


I was not able to attend the House Of Larva Show so I decided to look into it myself a little more.
To be able to understand some of their other shows I looked on their website. I saw some of the stuff they showed us in class and some stuff I don’t think they did.

About Page: I found it cool that The House of Larva had their first show at. School bar. I just can’t really imagine watching a drag show at a bar so I thought it was really interesting. From what I understand House of Larva doesn’t put on the same show more than once. I think I remember them saying that in class. I was a little confused by thins though because I would have thought that they would want to get their messages out to as many people as possible.

Current Project Page: Their show they are working on now takes place in outer space which was s turn I wasn’t expecting. I personally love space stories so I would be interested to see this show

In class Discussion: I thought I was neat that they incorporated part of one of their shows into our class. Iv’e never had the chance to play with whipped cream before this class! From what they showed in class it seemed like their shows were very interactive which is a great way to keep an audience engaged. They incorporate all the senses this way. Hearing the show, touching the prop pieces, seeing the stage come alive with the story, smell the food they use, and taste it too! You down really know what to expect with this group and that makes their shows really exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post