Religion in the Kitchen Response!

    I found this book quite interesting, not only for the fact of Perez's colorful and descriptive language but the fact that is was an ethnography. While I know an ethnography doesn't have much to do with religion it strikes me because I am currently trying to make my own ethnograph for my English class. This gave me an idea of how I wanted t do my own ethnography. Something else I really enjoyed was that unlike the other books we have read she submersed herself in this culture and let people from the culture show and describe what it is like from an inside point of view, which I think others, like Ackerman, were not able to do!

Comments

  1. Actually, ethnographies have very much to do with religions, since very often, it's religion or religion-like practices that give ethnic groups their distinctive qualities as a group, as well as unite them with the awareness that they are a group with a shared culture and history. I'm glad Perez's book gave you a model to write and ethnography. I agree with you; I think she does it quite well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post