How Touch is Everywhere

    The idea of touch brought up in the reading made me realize that touch plays a part in almost every aspect in our lives, which makes me wonder where would we be without it? I never thought about all the things I wouldn't be able to do if I couldn't touch things or feel them, one note that relates to this especially stuck out to me. It was when Ackerman said "but to be without touch is to move through a blurred, deadened world, in which you could lose a leg and not know it, burn your hand, without feeling, and lose track of where you stop and the featureless day begins." This quote really stood out to me because of Ackermans use of the word featureless, which made me stop and imagine a featureless day and it was scary to think about basically living in nothingness because you don't know what's going on because you can't feel. 

    Another thought this topic brought up for me was how everything you touch is a transfer of energy and in some religions we see this in rituals with the use of special objects, or stones, or anything of value to them. For example people who believe crystals and rocks hold energies use them in rituals to harness the energy from the stone. Also in Buddhism they have a special object that they use to call upon higher powers the way you do that is by a transfer of energy. I am not saying this is true just a theory and something I was thinking about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post