Ackerman- Chapter 1- Smell

I found the first chapter of Ackerman's book very interesting. It surprised me that no other sense is more memorable than smell. I now think about how smell is such a large part of human life. The resources that nature offers are the most unique smells that are available to us. I also did not know smell was the most direct out of all of our senses. In the chapter, it states, "Five million of these cells fire impulses to the brain’s olfactory bulb or smell center. Such cells are unique to the nose.” This is so fascinating to me because I like to learn about how the cells in the nose interact with the brain. 

Comments

  1. We will definitely learn more about how our brains process smells.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post