Ephemerality and Fragrance

 I found this specific part of the Aroma of Righteousness very interesting. I did not think about how much of an impact a smell can have on a person's thoughts or memories. From personal experience, a not-so-pleasing smell can put me in a bad mood or even make me vomit. A bad smell can also make me think about the last time I experienced that smell. A good smell can make me feel happy, which results in me having positive thoughts. A good smell can also trigger you back to great memories from the last time you smelled it. This part also goes into biblical messages that correlated with smell. Women were considered to be honorable by men if they had a pleasant perfume smell. Perfume has the qualities of arousal and seduction, which becomes an interpretive device. I thought this message truly showed the power of pleasant scents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post