Memorable Moments: time and place
Taste presentation Memorable Moments: time and place Dear REL-365-B01-2025, I had the privilege of taking SMells and Bells in the second semester of my senior year. JBK and I planned for me to take this course one year prior while planning out my religion minor. It was a really long year but I am so glad I got to take this course when I did. Class meetings for this course were some of the more challenging and more calming for me throughout the semester. Some days I anxiously sat out of conversations while scrolling through apartment websites and wondering if I needed to look for another job. Other days we made s’mores, celebrated the trees’ New Year, and went on a walk in the Wheaton Woods. New Years for the trees Pilgrimage to the Bra Tree As always I deeply appreciated hearing from my peers especially when we disagree. I am honored to be seen as a safe person to disagree with. I am thankful for anyone who shared especially in particularly small and vulnerable classes like ...
I think your analogy of gods to celebrities in the context of darsan is spot on!
ReplyDeleteI also think this comparison you have drawn is so compelling. I would take it a step further and say fan culture in and of itself is developing to be a new kind of religion, with various celebrities mimicking the stance of a deity. This is most prominent in the music industry, where fans buy apparel and merchandise pertaining to the artist and their latest albums and even have specific chants (the songs created by the artist). Its very interesting to see how this phenomena has gained traction over the years, and how as we as a modern society as smoky moving away from traditional ideas of religion, are unknowingly adopting a new version of it.
ReplyDelete