Response to Cole Chapel Concert

This past Sunday I was able to attend some of the St. John's Emmanuel Music concert in Cole Chapel. It was a different experience than what would normally experience. It actually brought back memories for me when I was younger and I would travel for long car rides with my Grandparents and they would play Johann Sebastian Bach in the car. To be honest this would do one thing, me begging them to turn it down or it would put me to sleep. But since I was very young back then I was not able to appreciate the history behind the music. As an adult now it is amazing to see the skill behind the orchestra and the singing talent that takes place. The vocal strength that is needed to achieve such a sound will forever impress me.
Something that stood out to me during the performance was the location. Usually with big classical shows in the city you picture a small music hall, however, being a small college this concert took place in the chapel. This was fitting since there is a religious background to the music, but it also meant that it was much more intimate and as an audience member you could truly hear every note since it was in such a small space and there wasn't a lot of room for the sound to travel or wander off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post