JBK describes his feelings about food and sex


Image result for food and sexJBK talking about food & sex... What to expect?

I was not sure what to think when I heard the title of the talk was "Doing it Orally: A talk about food and sex," all I knew was that I was intrigued and wanted to hear more. For all of you who were unable to attend professor JBK's talk explained the relationship between food and sex, by using religious examples, and practicle examples.


Image result for food and sex memeIt was so interesting to hear someone describe their relationship with eating as just a metaphor for sex. I know how satisfying a particular meal can be when you are really craving something, and it meets all your expectations, and hits the spot. Eating can be a very intimate relationship especially when you are preparing it yourself and sharing it with someone you love.
Image result for food and sexImage result for food and sexFood can either be something that brings two people together or tears them apart. Personally if I cannot share a meal with someone it would never work out for me. Food is such an important part of my life and was a major factor when it comes to my traditions and values. I feel connected to my family because of the food I can make, and I feel connected to the people I eat with when I prepare a meal for them. I think that these ideas also play into the relationship between sex and taste.

Image result for food and sex

Personally I know I can talk about food in the same passionate way I would about the person I am in love with. Certain foods excite me, and have a special meaning to me therefore I am extremely passionate in the way I speak about them. It was interesting for me to think about my current relationship and the significance and role that food and taste play in it. Many of the things that have brought us together as a couple have had to do with food, or certain traditions we have began have involved food. It is clear that food plays a significant role in our lives, and has a deeper relationship with sex than most may think. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The most primitive sense

Cannibalism and Symbolism

Wrap-Up Post