Do rainbows have a smell?
Smell transfers you to the location, looking at a picture I'm reminded of the smell and how I felt at this time.I love going outside in the rain it has the fresh clean smell of a new beginning. Everything “dirty” is washed away. The grass is soft and wet, the water droplets everywhere. It’s quiet and all i can hear is the rain hitting the ground. Smell and sound tie closely together for me. With all the industrialization there is a certain smell but after the rain I almost forget about everything else and am transported to what the world was before there is the “soothing oder” green talks about. I sit outside and breathing deeply watching, when someone walks by I get a glimpse of the perfume or cologne they are wearing. If someone is cooking nearby I can smell the delicious aromas. When i sit outside smoking watching it rise up into the air with the mix of the wet earth there is a grounded experience. All of these different smells happening at the same time or though out the time I'm outside soothes and regulates me. It’s a ritual I do every night, to sit outside and appreciate the world around me. Green writes about smell being pure and when I look at this picture is has a garden of eden vibe if I were to have a picture of a dirty street it would bring up different emotions and smells. What smells came to mind when looking at this picture? Is there a picture that you always comeback to and you are reminded of the smells. I remember the smell of Korean BBQ with the meats and the veggies cooking around me and when leaving its suck to my clothes, i can hear the meat cooking around me, see the smoke rising up.

Comments
Post a Comment